ConstantClean™ Water Management System
ConstantClean employs a five-stage filtration process to suction, trap and remove contaminants and particulates. Everything from sweat, skin oil and lotion, to skin cells, dirt and grit. SmartClean™ software automatically schedules a cleanup cycle after each hydrotherapy session. When your hot tub is not in use, SmartClean schedules a one-hour filtration cycle twice per day.
All hot tubs require some form of sanitizer to kill microbes. Chlorine or bromine crystals may be added a few times per week or a sanitizing float can be used for three to four weeks. As an alternative, you may desire added convenience and a lower concentration of sanitizer chemicals in your water. If so, ConstantClean+ is the perfect solution.
The plus (+) in ConstantClean+ adds two automated sanitation processes into the water management system: 1) ozonation with Mazzei injection, and 2) in-line sanitation. This turns a five-stage process into a nine-stage process. Why not UV light? While ultraviolet light is one method of neutralizing bacteria, ozone is much more effective.
- To remove surface contaminants such as body oils, lotions and skin cells, Vortex skimmers direct surface water into the filter cartridge(s) to trap contaminants and particulate.
- To remove settled debris from the bottom of the spa, deep water is drawn up from the footwell through a safety suction fitting.
- Water drawn into the safety suction fitting is forced upward through the filter cartridge(s) to trap debris, after which it mixes with filtered water from the surface skimmers, resulting in complete filtration from top to bottom.
- Filtered water is drawn into the primary jet pump.
- Water is immediately routed through the high-flow heater assembly. If the hot tub is equipped with ConstantClean+, the water now splits into two separate sanitation paths.
- In the first path, the high-output, energy-efficient ozonator converts oxygen (O2) into activated ozone gas (O3). The Mazzei® injector mixes the ozone with filtered water.
- Bacteria and other contaminants are oxidized before the O3 converts back into O2. This process destroys bacteria at the molecular level, dissolving its cellular structure and eradicating it.
- Residual ozone and converted oxygen are reintroduced into the spa water through a dedicated fitting for maximum efficiency. Any remaining O3 converts back into O2.
- In the second path, the dual-cartridge in-line sanitation system treats water with natural minerals and sanitizer before reentering the spa.