Pro™ Series Top-Mount Filters
Providing you with quality you can trust, the Pro Series high-rate sand filters incorporate the latest pool filter technology to ensure your pool is operating at its very best. Moulded of durable, corrosion-proof reinforced thermoplastic, they feature attractive, unitized tank construction for years of trouble-free operation with only minimal care. Pro Series sets a new standard for performance, value and dependability.
- Flange Clamp Design allows 360° rotation of valve to simplify plumbing.
- 7 Position Hayward Vari-Flo control valve with easy-to-use lever-action handle lets you dial any of the valve/filter functions.
- Integral sight glass lets you see when backwash cycle is completed.
- Integral Top Diffuser ensures even distribution of water over the top of the sand media bed. Full-size internal piping gives a smooth, free-flowing performance.
- Unitized, Corrosion-Proof Filter Tank moulded of tough, durable colourfast reinforced thermoplastic for dependable, all-weather performance with only minimal care.
- Efficient, Multi-Lateral Underdrain Assembly with precision engineered, umbrella-fold, self-cleaning laterals for balanced flow and backwashing, plus easy serviceability.
- Integral Moulded Drain Plug for easy draining of tank, without the loss of sand.
- Totally Corrosion-Proof Base is rugged and attractively styled to provide strong, stable support.
- Aboveground and Inground pools of all types and sizes
- In-ground spas (residential or commercial)
- Water features (fish ponds, fountains, water gardens)
|Pool Water Capacity||Filter Model||Filter Diameter||Plumbing Size||GPM||Our Price||#20 White Silica|
|Up to 50,000L||S180TC||18”||1.5”||35||$289.00||150 lbs|
|Up to 75,000L||S210TC||21”||1.5”||44||$329.00||200 lbs|
|Up to 100,000L||S220TC||22”||1.5”||52||$379.00||250 lbs|
|Up to 120,000L||S244TC||24”||1.5”||62||$439.00||300 lbs|
|Up to 130,000L||S270T2||27”||2”||74||$589.00||350 lbs|
|Up to 140,000L||S310T2||30”||2”||98||$889.00||500 lbs|
Full 3 Year Parts Warranty!
How a Sand Filter Works
Sand is the oldest and most popular method of filtration. Hayward’s High-rate sand filters require a special filter sand, .45 to .55 mm (also known as pool grade #20 white silica sand), because of its sharp edges that separate particles, allowing filtration to take place. Sand filters operate on the basis of “depth” filtration where dirt is driven down through the sand bed and trapped within the spaces between the sand particles. Clean water is then filtered through the underdrain lateral system and returned back to the pool. Initially, a clean sand bed removes larger particles, and then, as the bed starts to load up with dirt, the filter removes finer particles. The filter’s pressure gauge is utilized to measure the amount of pressure build-up caused by the dirt load within the filter. The sand can be cleaned by “Backwashing” which involves reversing water flow through the filter through the “Waste” line. Our #20 white silica sand traps debris as small as 20 microns when first installed into a filter but should be replaced every 4-6 years as the sand wears down.